[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - Midi Control

Midi Control

Help on what each R4 Module does, and an attempt to document them properly

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

Midi Control

Postby SpOOnmAn » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:23 pm

hi gordon!

do you think it is possible to realize midicontrol as a module? a friend of mine whould like to code a midi control for r4, what whould he need to code a module? is there any documentation about module codeing?
i was looking back to see,
if you were looking back at me,
to see me looking back at you
SpOOnmAn

Postby rabidhamster » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:42 pm

I'm not certain a module is the right place. They are only used for rendering.

Maybe its best for him to write a seperate app, and then use the TCPIP interface into R4 (which uses the script language) to control R4. Thats all pretty easy to get into, and doesn't require much in-depth knowledge of R4.
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby SpOOnmAn » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:10 pm

ok, thats a good idea, so it should be also possible to control special values of scenes with settweak, am i right?
SpOOnmAn

Postby andff » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:09 pm

a quantum leap forward!
andff

Postby rabidhamster » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:37 pm

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby andff » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:55 pm

a quantum leap forward!
andff

Postby SpOOnmAn » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:27 am

SpOOnmAn

Postby rabidhamster » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:23 pm

Yep. thats the idea. Java might be a good plan for this since it has pretty simple telnet and midi support. Sorry for the delay in replying guys - I've been moving house.
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby SpOOnmAn » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:29 pm

does anybody know an app caled pd (Pure Data) someone told me this software could be able of doing all this and much more(what maybe is of minor meaning for us) didnt download yet to test...
SpOOnmAn

Postby andff » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:20 pm

high!

merry house-warming!! :)

2SpOOnmAn:
i found this pure data, but can't imaging it's destination.. :) i think it will be easier to develop such midi-router exclusivelly for R4, but i still need more general info
a quantum leap forward!
andff

Postby SpOOnmAn » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:25 am

hmm, dont actualy see what info u need, the telnet commands schuld be same like in the web interface, about midi i dont realy know much... normaly it should be able to give to each midi channel a variable name, so that the aplication can send it via telnet to r4 (like in modelmove.html for example, think there is nothing to implement that isnt already in use in r4, but in a new combination...

sorry, never learned C or C++, al i know about codeing i learned the last year while playing with r4
SpOOnmAn

Postby rabidhamster » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:56 pm

I don't currently have any MIDI devices, so can't really make this or test it for you. Its not massively high on my list to do atm either :(

But as SpoonMan says, the commands would be exactly the commands that the web interface sends when you use something like the web interface scene color changer. Given an example bit of code that gets the value for each channel from a Midi instrument its dead easy to do the rest :) If its in Java I can provide you with the code to send different values to R4.

Actually, I'll do some code tonight that controls the options in R4 from some Java Scrollbars. If I don't do it, keep bugging me.
Sorry - just been very lacking in free time/motivation lately :(
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby SpOOnmAn » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:26 pm

any news on this topic??
SpOOnmAn

Postby rabidhamster » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:41 pm

Still no time i'm afraid. Keep bugging though. I'll try tonight :)
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Return to R4 Modules