[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - 3d morphing with gl.modload

3d morphing with gl.modload

Help on what each R4 Module does, and an attempt to document them properly

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

3d morphing with gl.modload

Postby andff » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:35 am

a quantum leap forward!
andff

Postby rabidhamster » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:08 pm

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby andff » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:51 pm

a quantum leap forward!
andff

Postby rabidhamster » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:43 pm

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby andff » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:35 pm

high!

i like and use both of them - MetaBall and WaterMorph, but..
as for me, problem consist in the way of 3d model's creation for this modules. i have a light experience in assembling of 3d objects - in software environment and only with my own hands.. :) anyway, i can see it, and easy modify it. coordinates of the nodes of WaterMorph's models must be generated beforehand with any file-writing application, even in quickbasic :) but i can't see the model before i run R4 and press lovely "reload" button. and those shapes appears too much organic and very low detailed..
much better to create the models with MetaBall, (i was posted my experimental scene here ). but they have stepped size/radius of the balls, balls can't get out from the cube boundaries and most dramatically - it's impossible to create more than 64 balls - this is very very low amount for creation of detailed model (8x8 grid only..). MetaBall, as for me, perfectly suitable for drawing liquid 3d surfaces with mad sets of trigonometric functions..
gl.modAddTri will be my fav when you unbend it.. :) but i still scared, how can i create a tiny bit more complicated objects? most inconvenient for me - to specify the order of edges. i think, i should create model in 3d editor, then export it in raw, extract from ascii-file coords of vertices and carry-out it in gl.modAddTri thrice in correct order.. :?
probably, there can be more user-friendly way.. i think, this is much more easy to draw model in 3d-editor and then move it vertices in new position (and see result on the screen) for creation of next morph phase. and i will be able to create sequence of 3ds models (one object deformed in different ways) and load it together one after another like watermorph objects..
or, if it will be possible (this the very best way, imho) to get acces to coordinates of each loaded vertex of 3ds object by it number (like in MetaBall, numbers of vertices can be easily finded in major 3d editors - simply turn-on displaying of the numbers (3ds max have this option)). this way will be much more effective! in this way i may not think about order of edges, module will operate with edges's orders from 3ds file!
a quantum leap forward!
andff

Postby andff » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:26 pm

high!

sorry for desinformation, 3ds max haven't display mesh vertex number feature.. i muddle it with spline vertex number.. :( maybe other, lowpoligonal editors can display, does anybody know about it?
a quantum leap forward!
andff

Return to R4 Modules