[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - Your setup

Your setup

Website problems, queries, suggestions, and general posting

Moderator: rabidhamster

Your setup

Postby Narei » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:07 pm

I was curious what your R4 setups consist of. Do you just use R4 as a Winamp plugin at home or play live at clubs? Do you use only R4, or other software/hardware for a live gig? If you don't have your ideal setup yet, what do you plan to use?

I only played at a couple of events each year, so I don't get much public R4 use. So far I've only used it with a single projector and web cam input for video feeds. My ideal setup would include R4 on one laptop, another laptop with something like the Numark NUVJ setup to play recorded clips from Demoscenes () and other abstract 3D animations. Something like a VDJ player would be nice too, but kinda out of my price range for a one trick pony and still need its own screen for previewing. That and my R4 system would be ran to something like the Edirol V4 mixer. I also have the Electric Sheep screensaver and another VJ program I'm thinking of buying that I'd install on both systems so I can swap between a total of 4 different types of visuals to play, some sound reactive, and some just straight movie files.
Narei

Postby djTL » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:52 am

I have a similar setup to yours -- one lappy (single 1.8 gHz AMD, 4 gig ram, nVidia 5400, Windows Vista off the top of my head) with a single projector and a webcam for video input. When I originally bought the lappy, I wasn't planning on being a VJ, just a lowly DJ, but I stumbled across R4 and fell in love. I would definitely like to upgrade to something with a beefier video card and a multicore processor, as some of the more complex scenes like andff's nanotunnel and a lot of the cubefields get terrible framerates and make my music player "hiccup".

For some reason Winamp and R4 don't get along on my lappy (though they work fine on my desktop). I use PCDJ Red, which is a decent lower-end (read "cheap") music manager, with R4 in stand alone mode.
85% of statistics found in forum signatures are completely made up.

If you are one the 15% of people that do not use fabricated statistics in your forum signatures, do NOT copy this to your signature.
djTL

Return to Website