[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - R4 and VLC media player

R4 and VLC media player

Suggestions + Info on development of R4 visuals

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

R4 and VLC media player

Postby cr3 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:41 pm

Hello,

In advance sorry for my English :oops: .

My french ISP "FREE" is out on last 1 July an utility Freeplayer for his modem named "Freebox".
It consist in re-encode the files multi-media placed on the computer (video, photographs or webradios...) for play them on television thanks to the modem triple play.

Firstly, a software (derivative of VLC (videolan)) must be install on the computer and files can be choose directly on TV or with playlists .m3u charged in VLC. After a html interface is charged on tv.

I have find a page in english where an employee write about freeplayer :arrow: http://www.via.ecp.fr/via/ml/vlc-devel/ ... 00367.html

The official page :arrow: http://adsl.free.fr/tv/freeplayer/
VLC features list :arrow: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/features.html

It's possible to R4 to send to vlc a flow ?
I do it for channels tv with a DVB-T PCI card and the software "My theater". I believe it's named Unicast. I can recover this unicast in VLC and thus on TV.
I'm a noob about that :? sorry

It would be nice to have R4 on my tv. :D

Thank you
cr3

Postby rabidhamster » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:52 pm

Sorry - I don't think there is currently a way to do it. There is nothing built into R4.

Its something I'll look at in the future, but it is not likely to be implemented anytime soon.

There is a program that will record a window to a DirectShow stream, which should be able to be sent to your box. I can't remember what its called though.

- Gordon
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby cr3 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:04 pm

Ok no problem :)
It is already very very well on the PC 8) 8)
I try to find the program for DirectShow stream.

Thank you :)
cr3

Postby SpOOnmAn » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:41 am

i think the software u mentioned is softcam, maybe this can help. but i am not sure how much cpu power it takes...
i was looking back to see,
if you were looking back at me,
to see me looking back at you
SpOOnmAn

Postby cr3 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:58 pm

cr3

Return to R4