[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - Remote Redesign

Remote Redesign

Suggestions + Info on development of R4 visuals

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

Remote Redesign

Postby symbion » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:45 pm

Hi rabidhamster and R4 users,

what would you think about a redesign of the remote html pages. It's a great tool but could have better usability.

For example at the Overlays frame. You always have to click on these mini "+" sign to get them running. In a busy situation (eg Live VJing, girlfriend in the back and so on) it could be hard to hit them. With some easy modifications in HTML/CSS you can get Buttons in different stats and easy to hit with mouseOver coloring etc.

I think there are many other possibilties to bring the remote tool forward. Just think about Javascript actions, too.

@rabidhamster :
Can you include such changes if you get templates? I would be pleased to make some.

@ all :
If you have ideas for the HTML remote, post them!!!

symbion
symbion

Postby Jussi » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:13 pm

As you might know, the remote control interface is fully configurable :D

So if no one has time to implement your ideas, you can actually update the interface yourself to fulfil your needs. If I remember correct, the remote control html syntax was discussed in some of the documents in the docs folder. The html files specifying the interface can be found in the webroot folder.

Of course, it takes some time to understand how the remote control works, and the R4 script commands are not exactly the easiest to understand...
A universe is something that happens once in a while.
Jussi

Postby symbion » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:09 pm

I see.

I've just played a little with the HTML Files and with the CSS possibilities but there are some limitations.

As you know you only have a "+" letter in the overlays as the link. So when I'm formatting the <A></A> tag it takes only effect on the "+". The list of Overlays is coming from R4, when i understand right and so I can't make the whole line to a link. As Second I can't set an id in the A-tag e.g. if its active, so I can't give it a other bgColor etc.

I will have a closer look to the given files and configuration possibilities. Sometimes I'm a little fast with my critics :-) but I hope you get this as fair comments ;-)

symbion
symbion

Postby symbion » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:09 pm

I see.

I've just played a little with the HTML Files and with the CSS possibilities but there are some limitations.

As you know you only have a "+" letter in the overlays as the link. So when I'm formatting the <A></A> tag it takes only effect on the "+". The list of Overlays is coming from R4, when i understand right and so I can't make the whole line to a link. As Second I can't set an id in the A-tag e.g. if its active, so I can't give it a other bgColor etc.

I will have a closer look to the given files and configuration possibilities. Sometimes I'm a little fast with my critics :-) but I hope you get this as fair comments ;-)

symbion
symbion

Postby rabidhamster » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:40 pm

If you look in the R4\data\webroot directory you'll see the original files. These have lines containing script that are prefixed with '###' - it is this script that generates the lines which you see when you look at the source in your web browser.

So its actually quite easy to change the 'A' tag to highlight everything, or to give a different ID. If you tell me exactly what you want the lines to look like I'll do it for you.

- Gordon
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby symbion » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:57 pm

symbion

Postby GioGio » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:14 pm

GioGio

Postby Lector » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:44 am

How is my english? Bad? Sorry, I'm from Germany.
Lector

Postby symbion » Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:08 pm

symbion

Postby rabidhamster » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:58 pm

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby symbion » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:25 am

symbion

Postby rabidhamster » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:30 am

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby symbion » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:49 am