[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - VIDEO vs. VIDPLAY

VIDEO vs. VIDPLAY

Suggestions + Info on development of R4 visuals

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

Postby andff » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:41 pm

a quantum leap forward!
andff

Postby rabidhamster » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:20 pm

Ok, its in now - 1v16 thats on the site has it.
VIDPLAY is also a tad faster (not much :( ) and you can also use VIDPLAY for video input too now. Vidplay now rewinds by default, but it can be turned off.

- Gordon
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby DJLeap » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:56 pm

Hi guys.
I am very interested in what you are doing with VIDPLAY. I tried to post this message once, but I don't believe that it worked. Please forgive me if this is a duplicate post.

I would like help scripting VIDPLAY to play music video clips. This seems possible with a little tweaking, but I am not a programmer, so how would you approach this?

When nopause=1, the video clip will play all the way from start to finish, allowing you to switch visuals and sync them to the audio track in the video clip. That is great! The problem arises when another video clip is selected. If both clips have playaudio=1, then both audio streams overlay and sound like a DJ in training. Not exactly what we need.

So, how can we script this so that a video will behave as "nopause=1, playaudio=1" until (and only until) another video file is selected, at which time the 1st video stops, rewinds and defaults to "nopause=0," and the 2nd video starts playing from the beginning and behaves as "nopause=1" until it ends or is deselected??

I like being able to go from the video tile on the telnet screen to the other scenes and then back to the video playing without the video stopping or restarting. That allows for a lot of cool graphic manipulation. I woud like to be able to select another video scene and have the one playing transition into the one just selected, so that only one audio stream is being heard and only one video is being seen.

How can this be done? Any ideas? Thank you so much for your help!
DJLeap

Postby Chris » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:07 am

Hi,

I've just got back from a holiday in Melbourne. The progress with vidplay looks good.

DJLeap,
What you ask will require some changes to the vidplay module. I can introduce an exclusive property and you set exclusive=1 when loading the vid.
This should be easy however I'm concerned the module will fall over if you load too many video's. Currently when R4 loads all the video's are opened and paused on the first frame so they can be played instantly. This may cause problems if you are loading a large number and I think it will need to be changed so the video is only opened when it is played. Unfortunantly this will introduce a slight delay.

Can you test how many video's can be opened in R4 before you run into problems?

- Chris
Chris

Postby DJLeap » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:05 am

DJLeap

Postby Chris » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:42 am

Chris

Postby SpOOnmAn » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:55 am

i was looking back to see,
if you were looking back at me,
to see me looking back at you
SpOOnmAn

Postby rabidhamster » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:30 pm