[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - midi support

midi support

Suggestions + Info on development of R4 visuals

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

Postby andff » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:06 pm

high!

2GioGio:

i think no matter what midi-hardware you will use.. it's drivers must supports general midi commands - standard commands for piano-keyboard and controllers (delay, pan, sustain and other knobs and sliders) events.

here is list of java midi classes:

and here - some beautiful examples:

good luck! :) maybe you will be able to catch the midi structure - because it is not enough to know java, you will need to understood how midi works and play with controller and java at the same time! now i'm in deadlock.. :(
a quantum leap forward!
andff

Postby GioGio » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:21 am

@ andff : thanks for that..

The problem is, i gave up java ;) R4Remoter v2 is fully written in .NET...
I've been looking for 2 days for exampples, tutorials, snippets about .NET and MIDI...
Now I'm able to play MIDI notes... but not to react on incoming MIDI-Commands..

What I need is a nice midi library with wrapper classes. 'cause winAPI programming with vb.net is not amusing at all ;)

Greets
GioGio

Postby SpOOnmAn » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:06 am

maybe this can help u out:
i was looking back to see,
if you were looking back at me,
to see me looking back at you
SpOOnmAn

Postby GioGio » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:09 pm

that's all for VB and not compatible with VB.Net...
:(
GioGio

Postby andff » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:07 pm

high!

Sergio, as i can see, only java can give all necessary instruments for implementing midi in our favorite R4 :roll: but how you plan to using midi as final result? i mean, technically - your remoter will recieve midi commands and then will send it to predefined scenes, like "modelmove.r4"? i come across with a sad fact - now i can hardly imaging usability of such multiknobbed midi-contollers.. there must be possibility to assign different scenes to piano-keys and to spread tweaks on controller's events for all currently rendered overlays (or only for the top one) with corresponding settweak blocks. maybe it will be better at first to think over the general using scheme? and have you run this midi-dumper from jsresources?
a quantum leap forward!
andff

Postby SpOOnmAn » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:18 pm

i think this should be no problem at all, the only thing is that the .r4 files have to be adapted for midi use...
SpOOnmAn

Postby SpOOnmAn » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:20 pm

and to assign scenes to midi keys has nothing to do with r4 at all...
SpOOnmAn

Postby GioGio » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:29 pm

SpoonMan, kannst du mir kurz erläutern, was er genau meint :?

BTW: I found a wrapper-library, which I can use in VB.NET.
with this .dll I should be able to listen to MIDI messages, sent from a MIDI controller.
But at the moment, I don't have very much time to develop... (study :?)

If you want to implement MIDI functionality directly into R4, that would be gordon's turn ;)
GioGio

Postby andff » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:00 am

high!

2GioGio:
sorry for my break into a conversation... it's really hard for me to explain.. i mean only practical application of midi-controlling during live performances. sorry again, the way i use R4 don't give me possibility to enjoy your remoter (and previous Gordon's versions too).. :(
a quantum leap forward!
andff

Postby GioGio » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:59 am

Do I understand you correctly? You want to control every function of R4 with a MIDI controller, during a live-performance...?
GioGio

Postby SpOOnmAn » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:20 am

this whould be solved if u could take the r4 keyboard commands over to the remoter i think, so u can use the keyboard for switching and the midicontroller to controll the sliders...
SpOOnmAn

Postby SpOOnmAn » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:23 am

maybe its possible to map midi keys to select scenes and overlays and maybe favorite combinations also...
SpOOnmAn

Postby GioGio » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:37 am

yep, that's exactly what I'm trying to do, and it should all be possible (as far as I can say now)
8)
GioGio

Postby GioGio » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:39 pm

well, I finished the MIDI-Interface, but it's still in an experimental state... ;)
Another problem is, that I could only test it with "simulated" MIDI-commands. (MIDI-OX)

someone's got to test it with a real MIDI-Controller.

Set up MIDI-InputDevice:
- go to the settings-window
- choose "MIDI", then choose the MIDI-Input-Device. (your controller-driver)

The MIDI-Interface-Window looks very similar to the scheduler-window...
it shouldn't be that hard to figure it out ;)

Map commands:
- open the MIDI-Window
- choose the R4 command (Scene, change scene, slider, etc.)
- click "Listen"
- Press a button on your controller, or move a slider on your controller (volume-fader?...)

Enable-MIDI-Function:
- in the MIDI-Window click "MIDI on" (statusbar will show: "Listening for MIDI-Commands")
GioGio

Postby rabidhamster » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:03 am

rabidhamster
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to R4