[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - Getting a list of all the scenes / overlays and their index

Getting a list of all the scenes / overlays and their index

Suggestions + Info on development of R4 visuals

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

Getting a list of all the scenes / overlays and their index

Postby joemarriott » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:40 am

Hello,

Does anyone know how to generate a list of all the scenes / overlays that R4 currently has loaded using the console or a API/DLL?

What I'm trying to do is write a little program that telnets to an R4 host and enumerates the loaded scenes / overlays. Maybe there is a better way to do this than using telnet?

The web interface and R4 remoter both do this, but I need some extra functionality that these interfaces dont offer . Does anyone know how these two programs control R4 remotely?

Please let me know if you would like more information,
Much appreciated,
Joe
joemarriott

Postby SpOOnmAn » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:34 pm

Hi

Webinterface uses the r4 built in http webserver to comunicate, as far as i remember remoter uses the telnet protocol.
what kind of extra functionality do u need?
i was looking back to see,
if you were looking back at me,
to see me looking back at you
SpOOnmAn

extra functionality

Postby joemarriott » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:26 pm

Hi Spoonman,

Thanks for responding to my question. The extra functionality I'm looking for is to be able to schedule scenes / overlays to run at specific times, i.e. start a scene at 11PM and run it for 60 seconds, then do the same thing at 12PM.

Please let me know if you would like more information,
Joe
joemarriott

Postby SpOOnmAn » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:25 pm

hm, did u already try to save a shedule in remoter and execute the shedule as a windows sheduled task? i could not try it atm, but its possible that it works...or u can make a bat file that connects to r4 via telnet and sends hte commands.
for command syntax check "Console + Script reference" and ...data\webroot\cmd.html
i was looking back to see,
if you were looking back at me,
to see me looking back at you
SpOOnmAn

Postby dandaman32 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:01 am

If you're good enough at libxml, I know for a fact that this can be done by communicating with R4 over HTTP. My advice would be to write it in something like Perl, Python, or Ruby so you can use sockets without having to go through telnet.

--Dan
dandaman32

Postby rabidhamster » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:43 am

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Telenut » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:06 pm

Telenut

Return to R4