[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - 3D Steriocopic Driver Support ?

3D Steriocopic Driver Support ?

For questions about problems with R4 and Bug reports

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

3D Steriocopic Driver Support ?

Postby alan » Mon May 09, 2005 2:06 pm

If you have sterioscopic glasses (with red and green lenses).
They Allow you to see stuff on games in 3D
(The sky appars somewhere next door behing my monitor and the post just in front of me in the game appers to be hovering in the air in front of my nose).
I have driver's for them from NVidia.
The drivers should work with all OpenGL or DirectX applications.
They dont work in R4.
Does R4 use its own Hardware interface? ( not OpenGL or DirectX )
alan

Postby rabidhamster » Mon May 09, 2005 7:20 pm

R4 does use OpenGL. However it uses a lot of offscreen buffers to do stuff, so a lot of the tricks that the NVidia drivers use to draw proper 3D won't work.

If you choose a very simple scene that appears to draw everything in one pass (Simple BioTunnel,Simple CubeField etc) then you may have more luck with it.

Unfortunately I find it pretty hard to think how I could integrate stereo support with the NVidia drivers. I'll try to keep stereo support in mind if I do another visuals engine, and try and integrate it from the start.
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby alan » Tue May 10, 2005 10:13 am

Thanks

I Await R5

alan

Postby SpOOnmAn » Wed May 11, 2005 6:35 pm

hm, maybe if u could write a overlay that calculates two angels for the eye position, and draws the left eye and the right eye alternating, this could do the job. dont you think so gordon?
i was looking back to see,
if you were looking back at me,
to see me looking back at you
SpOOnmAn

Postby rabidhamster » Wed May 11, 2005 6:46 pm

Problem is, every scene would have to know about what angle to view from (the overlay can't alter angles). Its possible, but there should be a better way to do it.

The other issue then is i end up with a flickering screen - I'd have to code in some way to tell the NVidia driver which screen was which.

At the moment you can easily write simple scenes that work with red-blue/red-cyan tinted glasses - and indeed could make an overlay that did if the scenes accepted a 'tweak' value for the position of the eye - but it still requires modifying each scene, and scenes with feedback wouldn't easily work.
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Stereoscopic Driver

Postby more3D-Skoch » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:03 am

more3D-Skoch

Postby andff » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:00 pm

a quantum leap forward!
andff

demo of stereo driver

Postby more3D-Skoch » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:53 pm

more3D-Skoch

Postby Sarantis » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:50 am