[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - R4 fails when trying to load a bunch of video clips

R4 fails when trying to load a bunch of video clips

For questions about problems with R4 and Bug reports

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

R4 fails when trying to load a bunch of video clips

Postby JamesAndrew » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:35 am

I've just discovered R4 after planning to use Arkaos as my main tool. R4's real-time capabilities and its responsiveness to audio are so cool that I'd like to be able to choose it as my main vj platform. Add to this that I'm an old-school OpenGL coder, and this gets really exciting. However, I'm running into one major issue. I have a ton of video clips that I've collected and edited down to roughly 15 second blocks and I really want to be able to integrate these into my performance. I spent last night coding up simple 'vidplay' scripts that point to my videos, but R4 doesn't want to load more than 50 or so videos, and the number is significantly less when running fullscreen.If I put too many "vidplay_xxx.r4"'s in the /predefine directory, there comes a point during loading where a dialog pops up stating "No combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the connection", and then reappear for each successive video that R4 tries to load. Once this error has occurred during loading, 'vidcap' is broken for that session as well. I'm running this on a MacBook Pro (running native XP via bootcamp) with 2 gig of memory and it doesn't seem to be a ram issue since I have over a gig free when the error first shows up.
So my solution, for now, is to split my clips up into groups of 50 and store them in some other directory like /predefine/videoclips/set1,set2 etc...and then to bring the visuals down at an opportune time and swap out the sets so I have another 50 clips to interleave with all of the R4 scenes. Tonight I realized that when switching to fullscreen mode, the error occurs much earlier, after only 10 clips or so. My temporary hack to get around this is to run R4 in windowed mode, drag it onto the second (projector) monitor, maximize the window, and then vertically stretch and move the screen with my scan converter until I can't see the window title bar; a sort of pseudo-fullscreen mode.
Is this a known limitation? I saw reference in a post that the "video" module has (or had) a known limitation of 50 videos, but not so for "vidplay". Any ideas on this? I may try to load another group of videos using the "video" module and see if I can up the number of videos to 100, but for this to really work, I need to get access to my full 'crate' which will soon reach the 'thousands' mark.

Thanks for any help on this. Looks like a really cool community over here. Looking forward to being part of it.
JamesAndrew

Postby andff » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:36 am

a quantum leap forward!
andff

Postby andff » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:36 am

thread was splitted. you can find videomix overlay by SpOOnmAn and all conversations about here:
a quantum leap forward!
andff

Postby rabidhamster » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:39 am

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby andff » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:58 am

a quantum leap forward!
andff

Return to R4 Bugs/Problems