[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - 10 new scenes, 6 new faders, 3 new point morphs.

10 new scenes, 6 new faders, 3 new point morphs.

How to create a custom scene, and custom scenes people have created.

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

10 new scenes, 6 new faders, 3 new point morphs.

Postby Rovastar » Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:32 pm

Rovastar

Postby Rovastar » Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:41 pm

Rovastar

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:39 pm

Found a bug in my code. :)

Too much extra stuff in the reset section of the faders all work ok now.

[remove

mymix.amount=0;
mymix2.amount=0;
mymix.type =0;
mymix2.type =0;

i'll upload new copies]

again at http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php ... did=157647 i think they are the correct versions now.

So all fine apart from when blending to certain scenes.

These scenes all have one thing in common

BUFLOAD bload();
BUFSAVE bsave(m);

in them.

all other scenes fades to these scenes work fine.

More details:

Now the last fade with my fader

-----------------

else
{if (mytime<5.1) {mymix4.amount=(mytime-4);}

---------------------

where

MIX mymix4(mymix3,SceneTo);

and

mymix4.type = 0; //normal alpha blending.

so it should blend from mymix3 TO SceneTo on alpha blend from 0 to 1.

but what actually happens when the SceneTo contains the BUFLOAD stuff is a strange blend from the mymix3 (which i belive is now the same as inverted default texture for teh fade) and alpha blends from 1 to 0. the alpha blend is the strange bit.

Why is it alpha blending backwards?

there is nothing in my code suggesting this. It should never perform thsi direction of alpha blend from my code.

It is unlikely to be video memory etc on my machine as it exhibits this behaviour on really low pbuffer values like 128x128, etc.

So somewhere I expect there is a bug.

Now what makes this really interesting is that i beleive the ATi radeon card doesn't work for some/many scenes. Now I beleive the scenes that failing the same ones that fail for this blend type.

Scenes with

BUFLOAD bload();
BUFSAVE bsave(m);

in them. All the ones on teh website that say nt working with ATi have this in.

But as I have no ATI card I cannot check this. But if it is the case there maybe something amiss with buffer load implementation in R4. And it can be tested now with these faders on a working nVIda card.

It could just be a coincidence but they appear to be linked together. MAybe we are closing to resolving the ATi problem also.

Postby rabidhamster » Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:30 pm

I managed to try them on a separete install of R4 - you're a genius :)

Some are a bit slow, and i get the fade problem too. I'll look into it.

I got GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY too - i think this could be partially due to the complexity of scenes (the amount of mixing) - the mods to R4 should bring down the pbuffer count a lot. Should also speed R4 up where the MIX amount is at 1 or 0.

Unfortunately i have to get it sorted - will try more today, but i've just been through every one of the R4 modules changing how they work and its a real drag.

I could also do what someone on the forum suggested - sorry - i forget who it is - but only use one PBuffer and copy to texture - there would be a slight performance hit i think, but it would save storing depth info (on pre dx9 cards it would use half the memory).

- Gordon
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Rovastar » Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:42 pm

"oUT OF MEMORY" occurs for me (Ti4200 64mb) when using high-ish buffersizes (over 512x512) although not at my default of 512x512. (fullscreen res 640x480 I think)

So you should be ok with your card for at least those pbuffer sizes. You must be runnning at insane buffer sizes. :);)

True some are slow but my card is relatively old now and only 64mb and I get annoyed at the my R4 runs at 200fps. :) try that with particlefx scene faded with chessmania fader to matrix cubefield.

I know I could make them machines run slower weith more complexity. :)

ANd with the further speed increases you arer making I'll have to make more complex scenes. :)

ok mate more later and I will catch you hopefully next week in London. (Not got the final plans from Mike yet)
Rovastar

Postby Chris » Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:21 pm

Wow, Those scenes + faders are great!

Speed is ok, minimum is about 40fps on my Geforce3 Ti 500 (64MB) but I can only use 512x256 pbuffers. 512x512 =out of memory, but I run at 1024x768 screen res.

I used to think 'If only I had a little time I could do some good scenes" but I'll never have the creativity to do what you and Gordon are doing.

Keep up the great work!
Chris

Postby Rovastar » Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:53 pm

Thank CHris but I don't want to see you giving up now. :);) There are too few of us making stuff. YOu had some nice stuff for r2e long let it continue. :)

ANyway good news I have fixed the faders.:):)

Yes now they work properly for all the bufsave scenes too. :) A simple error in my code. :) Had to code in the hard fixes for the mymix(x).amount in teh last section.

{if (blend_time<5.1) {mymix4.amount=sqr(blend_time-4); mytest.amount=1; mytest2.amount=1; mymix3.amount=1;}
}

ALthough it does not explain why the old code worked for some scenes and not others.

ANyway we can look at that in more detail in good time.

Oh added a new fader too a black and white plasma thing althought this maybe have a little more of a performance it. :)

Link:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php ... ost1181791
Rovastar

Postby rabidhamster » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:38 am

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Rovastar » Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:28 pm

Rovastar

Postby rabidhamster » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:09 pm

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:56 pm

It would be really cool if we could put subdirectories in the predefine directory and get r4 to stick to the faders and scenes in 1 directory far a few minutes, then change to another directory - And let us use the keyboard to lock to a specific directory or change to another one. Then we could have a bunch of different flavours of R4.

Rovastar's by themselves are great, but some of his faders are too slow when mixed with the standard scenes.
Chris

Postby teleguise » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:29 pm

Or maybe add a fader selection menu then have the ability to check On/Off the ones you want to use and change the Scene selection menu to do the same.

I know you can set the scene preference but maybe a quick key like (Space bar) which in a sense just sets the scene/fade selection to ZERO. For testing it sure would make it easier so you could change it on the fly and mix any combo you want without have to restart and play file swap.

On another note...a BIG HATS OFF to you Chris & Rovastar for some COOOOOL stuff. Although I think Rovastar is convinced his CPU meter is a Speedometer and keeps trying to Max it out :lol:
teleguise

Return to R4 Custom Scenes