[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - 120+ new scenes for Quick PCs *Updated 23/01/06*

120+ new scenes for Quick PCs *Updated 23/01/06*

How to create a custom scene, and custom scenes people have created.

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

120+ new scenes for Quick PCs *Updated 23/01/06*

Postby Rovastar » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:47 am

I am currently updating many/all of the R4 to take advantage of the higher spec of hardware we have available today. They can look very different and tehre may be a new scene or two in there as well.

Now most of these run about 60-70fps on my new spec machine with the R4 setting of 800x600 screen size and buffer size of 1024x512 and Pbuffers =on (if that makes much/any difference).

AMD XP3500 CPU
nvidia GF6600 GT GPU
1GB RAM

This as you can see a fairly high spec. :) If you have a higher spec machine (those Daul core CPu and 7 series GPU cards then simply increase the screen res)

If your machine is slower then this then I imagine it would slow to a crawl. I've added loads of more detail to most/all these scens. Some work well some need a little tweaking still.

There are some expections however I have improved the multplasma and molten gold series to make them a lot quicker as even on my spec

The medusas now look especially cool with loads of details and new fancier movement. :) Also check out the cube and shape rain scenes. :) ;)

More to come later. :)

First make sure you have the latest version of R4 (at the moment v1.20) and my scene pack from:
http://www.rabidhamster.org/R4/download.php

Download the zip file below and unzip to <R4 directory>\Data\predefine

http://www.milkdrop.co.uk/r4/highspec.zip

(All the updates are in this file now)

I forgot the screen shots. I post them later. ANd then they can go on teh R$ wewbsite as they look loads more impressive. The current medusa screenshot look well chunky. Not any more. :)

Let me know what you think.
Last edited by Rovastar on Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Rovastar

Postby Rovastar » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:55 pm

What no-one has commented. There are a load of scenes here. Some of you must have run some of them at least.

Can people run them?

Do they run at an accaptable speed?

What hardware spec have you run them under?
Rovastar

Postby rabidhamster » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:21 am

Sorry - been a bit busy lately with changing jobs and stuff. Will try and look soon
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby SpOOnmAn » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:41 pm

most of the scenes run fine for me, but while fading it´s most times a little choppy at 10 to 15 frames. and some of the medusa scenes dont work fine because the arms dont slinger that much at lower framerates. i love the new shaperain, could you tell me which value to change to get less objects, so i can check the best value for my machine?

i run it on a athlon xp 2200+ with 1gig ram and a GF 6600 with 256mb (have to check a faster processor sometime...)
i was looking back to see,
if you were looking back at me,
to see me looking back at you
SpOOnmAn

Postby Rovastar » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:17 am

Rovastar

Postby rabidhamster » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:59 pm

yep, sorry about that. You could use a preprocessor, so you do:

#define CNT 32

int data[CNT];

but then you'd have to run the scene through a preprocessor before you gave it to anyone :(

(If you get cygwin from www.cygwin.com you can use C's preprocessor using the command 'cpp' - there may be one that doesn't need the overhead of cygwin around though)
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby SpOOnmAn » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:36 am

sorry, but i don´t understand what the preprocessor is for, to fix the problem with the kick animation of the medusas? this problem i also had before, when useing to many overlays on a medusa scene, or any scene that uses the kick value. could it be possible to link the kick command to the current framerate, so it just gives a higher value on a lower framerate by itsefs?
SpOOnmAn

Postby rabidhamster » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:12 pm

the preprocessor just makes it easier to parameterise scenes - like if you decided you wanted 64 falling things instead of 32 - it doesn't really fix anything or make anything possible that wasn't before - it just makes it easier.
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Rovastar » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:24 am

Yeah that will not affect the medusa scenes. Try reducing the tail count for a quick way to speed them up. Use 16 instaed of 26 for example.

ANyway here are a few more for everyone. EVentually Iwill get though them all but some of it require a hand from Gordon to increase the mesh/detail on the watermorph and the biotunnel. No paramters are availble atm.

Here are more:

www.milkdrop.co.uk/r4/highspec.zip

(All of them in the same file now)

about 20 or so in there. Replace what was in the previous ones.

ANd here are some screen shots....they never do r4 justice as you don't often notice the chunkiness of say the medusas at high speed but the pics are better then the default ones.

Before:

After:

Before

After:

Before (look at the chunky medusa. :) )
After (and look at the new one :) ):

Enjoy
Last edited by Rovastar on Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rovastar

Postby Rovastar » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:29 am

ANd more pics

Rovastar

Postby SpOOnmAn » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:17 am

hi rova, tested yesterday your new (morehispec.zip) scenes, but somehow i have problems with some of them, sometimes it freezes my whole system i did not figure out what the problem causes. it freezes randomly, most tmes while changeing scenes. maybee its the new fader. since i tested the scenes with nothing else in the predefine folder, so there is only this fader available. i will continue testing when i find time...
SpOOnmAn

Postby Rovastar » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:40 am

Rovastar

Postby Rovastar » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:28 am

Add about another 30 more this time.

All now in the same zip file:

http://www.milkdrop.co.uk/r4/highspec.zip

I do have more somewhere too.
Again a collection of new scenes and updates to existing ones.
Anyway here are a few screenshots of this lot.

Enjoy.

Rovastar

Postby Clayduck » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:04 am

These new scenes are great. I really like the changes made in the Cube Spectrum!
-Clayton Brickert
~R4 Support Team~
Clayduck

Postby Rovastar » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:19 am

Rovastar

Next

Return to R4 Custom Scenes