[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - Windows Media Player / Media Center

Windows Media Player / Media Center

Suggestions + Info on development of R4 visuals

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

Windows Media Player / Media Center

Postby sjpeckmore » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:28 pm

Hi there,

My appologies if this has come up before - I did several searches on the forum but couldn't find anything...

Is there any chance you will make R4 a plugin/visualisation for Windows Media Player at any point? It's just that I noticed R4 is now available for WinAmp (as well as being a standalone application) and wondered if it were possible to make it available for Media Player as well? I admit I don't have a clue as to how different the plugin architectures for Media Player and WinAmp are, but I assume that they work in similar manners, providing you with data on the current audio and providing you with a handle to the area you are allowed to render to?

The reason I am interested in this isn't so much for Media Player, but Media Center (which uses Media Player visualisations). I use Media Center on a 50" plasma and when I run your program (standalone) the effects look absolutely stunning on the screen - but having to drag out the keyboard everytime I want to see R4 isn't the ideal living room arrangement. If R4 were a Media Player visualisation I could just load it from within Media Center at the click of a (remote control) button and close it in the same manner.

As an aside, I must say how absolutely blown away I am with R4 - it is literally the best visualisation program I have ever seen, and the effects are stunning. Please keep up the good work!

Many thanks.
sjpeckmore

Postby SpOOnmAn » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:10 pm

thats easy, just set your sound card to record from stereomix, start r4 via start/all programms/r4

viola, should be running ;-)
i was looking back to see,
if you were looking back at me,
to see me looking back at you
SpOOnmAn

Postby sjpeckmore » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:25 pm

sjpeckmore

Postby SpOOnmAn » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:24 am

SpOOnmAn

Postby sjpeckmore » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:58 pm

sjpeckmore

Postby SpOOnmAn » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:45 am

SpOOnmAn

Postby sjpeckmore » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:16 pm

I didn't know you could edit the menu's, so I took a look and found the files you described. The problem is that these files only let you change the "static" menus - i.e., the ones that don't change. And all of these "static" menus have the "Back" option on.

It is the "Dynamic" menu's that don't have the "Back" option on, and unfortunately these "Dynamic" menu's can't be edited - menu's such as the list of "Scenes and Fades" and "Overlays" which are generated based on the packs that have been installed. If a "Back" option could be added to these menus then it would be fantastic.

You are correct that it would be quite easy to map the "ESC" button to the remote control, but there are a couple of reasons why I would prefer not to do this. The first is that it is a bit of a waste having a button on the remote that is only ever used to exit 2 menus from within R4. I can get into R4, into it's menu's, navigate (almost all of) them, and quit R4 using the stock remote and without making a single modification. To have a single button mapped just to move back from 2 menus seems (to me) a waste of a button. Secondly, having a button mapped to "ESC" can cause problems in Media Center, it's plug-ins, and other programs. It is something I would rather not have mapped if possible.

What might be an even easier idea would be to make the "BackSpace" key do exactly the same as the "ESC" key. Media Center has a "Back" button on the remote which is the same as the "BackSpace" keyboard character code. If R4 could respond to the "BackSpace" key in the same manner as the "ESC" key then that would also be a perfect solution (perhaps even better as it would be quicker to press a single button to move out of a menu than scrolling through menus).

Regarding both of the features I have suggested (a "Back" option in menus or accepting the "BackSpace" key, and obtaining song information from Media Player) I had assumed that development work would be needed - but I had hoped that the features were simple enough that they would be considered for inclusion. :D
sjpeckmore

Postby SpOOnmAn » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:49 am

ok, checkd this, and you are right, dynamic menues are not in there... i am not sure if it is possible to remap the backspace to work as esc key via script language, so maybe gordon also can help with this one...
SpOOnmAn

Postby rabidhamster » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:35 pm

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby sjpeckmore » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:02 am

sjpeckmore

Postby rabidhamster » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:19 am

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby sjpeckmore » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:31 am

sjpeckmore

Postby rabidhamster » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:57 am

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Rovastar » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:27 pm

Rovastar

Postby SpOOnmAn » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:29 am

i found something new on that theme, check this out, maybe thisone can be used also for vis_r4.dll , so that r4 can run in media player and media center...
SpOOnmAn

Next

Return to R4