[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - Mickey Mouse location

Mickey Mouse location

Suggestions + Info on development of R4 visuals

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

Mickey Mouse location

Postby andff » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:10 am

high!

Gordon, is it possible to create 2 system variables, which will contain x and y coords of mouse' pointer? just like time variable - it always have a value, which can be easily accessed from scene/fade/overlay... can you implement something like this? is it possible at all? i think, this values must be in [-1;1] range, where boundaries must be equal to curent working R4 screen size/resolution (0 - center of the screen). it will be a nice equivalent for midi controllers and will allow to draw on the screen in realtime!
a quantum leap forward!
andff

Postby rabidhamster » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:33 am

That would be cool. I had originally thought of adding this, but never got around to it. It should be easy - I'll give it a go when I get some time (You may have to harass me so I don't forget though :) )
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby andff » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:29 pm

high!

yes, that would be very cool - especially if you plug an ancient trackball instead of mouse, you'll get really mindcrashing interface! you catched the meaning at once! :D i'm dreaming of 2 such trackballs and 2 independent pointers at the same time (for left and right arms :) ) with different systemnames in my computer and R4! :D :D
a quantum leap forward!
andff

Postby rabidhamster » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:46 pm

Doubt that would work since the only mouse pointer position that I get is the single pointer. Its possible stuff could be made to work off of joystickst though, since i think you can have >1 of them.

Thats trickier though, because I may have to link in DirectX stuff.
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby andff » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:43 pm

high!

oh, please, everything but not the joystick!! :) :) maybe a wheel? :) :) this wold be coll too... :) i think only one single mouse pointer will be enough! ;)
a quantum leap forward!
andff

Postby SpOOnmAn » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:59 am

what there is connected to the joystickport, does not realy mather, the thing is that you have there more than 2 axes available, and so u can make better controlls...
i was looking back to see,
if you were looking back at me,
to see me looking back at you
SpOOnmAn

Postby andff » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:59 pm

high!

joystickport? I would rather use neural implants... :)
a quantum leap forward!
andff

Postby SpOOnmAn » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:48 pm

hmm, neural implants whould be fine, so i could transfer images directly from my mind to r4, code new scenes online, and control them via bluetooth-neuroconnector directly from the dancefloor....
i was looking back to see,
if you were looking back at me,
to see me looking back at you
SpOOnmAn

Postby andff » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:44 pm

high!

Gordon, please, when you will plan to update R4, can you add this mousecoords to the list? thank you!
a quantum leap forward!
andff

Postby rabidhamster » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:49 pm

Its in there already. Next release will have them I think :) I just have to get my act together and put it online!
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Return to R4