[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - Remote Website - New Inofficial Design BETA 1 Screenshot

Remote Website - New Inofficial Design BETA 1 Screenshot

Suggestions + Info on development of R4 visuals

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

What do you think?

Yes, more more more...
89%
No chance theres only one original UI...
11%
do what you want...
No votes

Total votes : 9

Remote Website - New Inofficial Design BETA 1 Screenshot

Postby Lockhead » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:02 am

Hello my name ist Tobias Herkula, i like to play with tools like R4, but i don't like dark user interfaces. So i began to search for some tweaks to the R4 Remote Website Design...

Here is my work:

What do you think?
Lockhead

Postby SpOOnmAn » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:43 am

hi tobias, i like the design of the interface, but could you add some gadgets the original one does not have?

first of it i added to my interface a right frame in that always the overlays are shown, wich get highlighted when activated for better usability. also if i select an announcement, it pops up in a new window, so that it keeps open in bachkground. and the same to the prefs window. for me this gives a maximum of usability, i also added a "disable" button to the prefs, but failed to add an "edit" button, because the webserver can not access to the predefine directory. the rest of the design i keept like it was. if you want i can se3nd you a copy of my interface to test....
i was looking back to see,
if you were looking back at me,
to see me looking back at you
SpOOnmAn

Postby rabidhamster » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:03 pm

That looks cool. As spoonman says extras and usability tweaks would be good.
If the whole thing could be migrated to use css rather than font tags the code would look a lot nicer too.
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby SpOOnmAn » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:20 pm

gordon, did u already test my interface version?
i was looking back to see,
if you were looking back at me,
to see me looking back at you
SpOOnmAn

Postby Lockhead » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:14 pm

My Design is completely CSS driven and is based on XHTML 1.0.

More Usability Options i will see what i can do for ...

here a new screenshot:

^^This Overlay Menuitem Heighlighting was implemented in my initial release, i hated this fucking small green numbers... *g*

Perhaps next week i will pack my webroot in a zip and upload it...

I have a lot of advanteges but many of them are only toys not really usefull *g*

Whath do you think about a a browser without any things only the website and that in fullscreen without any windows widgets...?

:edit:
the darker highlight is the mouseover effect...
Lockhead

Postby rabidhamster » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:39 pm

SpOOnmAn - sorry - haven't had time to check it out yet. I've just started a new job so i've been a bit preoccupied.

Looks cool - don't quite understand what you mean by "Whath do you think about a a browser without any things only the website and that in fullscreen without any windows widgets...? "

do you mean making the browser totally fullscreen? It must be possible somehow.
A nice addition would be to add bit scroll buttons and make the whole thing so it could be run using a touchscreen.
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Lockhead » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:36 am

Yes, i have build a Visual Basic Application, that is fullscreen and only have an Browser Object!

Extra Scrollbuttons nice Idea i will see...
Lockhead

Postby Telenut » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:40 pm

Can we download a beta of this yet?
Currently I'm trying to send the text from the sms messages I get on my phone to R4, same with the MMS messages.
Hope to get it working soon.
Telenut

Postby stanna » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:59 am

i am working on my own web interface replacement, school has taken up way too much of my time this year, so i never got around to finishing it. but i really like your one! its fantastic. i hope to have mine workable very soon, not to compete. but perhaps we can add an interface skin package system or something,

something to make things a little easier maby the actual R4 engine could read all the web server files (graphics and html files) from a zip file? to keep things simple for the user to install it? or maby that will slow it down too much and cause problems i dont know, but something to think about perhaps..

great work dude. i would love to get a copy and play around with it.
im batman
stanna

wow

Postby cacciola » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:44 am

Wow Dude it JUST rocks!!! I need it!! lol, when are you uploading it? I want to try it!!
No offence to you rabid, but it is way better than the original, :) way to go dude!

c ya!
cacciola

Postby Telenut » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:35 am

Suggestion:
try to load all the frames at once, and by klicking on the buttons at the top, change the widht of the frames so the appropriate frame shows up.
It will take some time to load the first time, but will be mutch faster to switch between the frames. (generate the frames again every time takes to mutch time to work decent)
I'm not able to contact the author, hope he answers soon...
Telenut

Postby Lockhead » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:07 am

Here guys, an early preview, only design no tech stuff, but i have a running version with special scroll buttons for touch screens so give me some time so i can repack a new one!

but not befor 22.11. on this date i have my computer science examination

if you want the source of my tiny little no advantage browser... post here...
Lockhead

Postby the K » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:50 pm

hey could you post your small visual basic app, where i can get the website into real fullscreen?

thanK ´s a lot
the K
the K

Postby Lockhead » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:47 pm

It is written in VB.NET 2k5 so you need the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 installed to use this application.

Lockhead

Postby mrnatrium » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:10 pm

mrnatrium

Next

Return to R4