[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - Current Ideas...

Current Ideas...

Suggestions + Info on development of R4 visuals

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

Current Ideas...

Postby rabidhamster » Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:04 pm

This is quick list of ideas i grabbed off the old MessageBoard...

James Bond Scenes (ole)
Stupidly long fade time option (Manny)
Proper winamp playlist support (theos)
3D Glasses Support (asterix)
CubeField that didn't move in just Z (Nathan)
WinAmp 3 support (loads of people ;) )
Multi-monitor support (loads again)
Standalone Support
Line-in
Current Song title overlay
Animated GIF (DasRoach)
Texture Morpher (Chris)
Dancers
Flame effects (sean)

and there are more.
Any ideas/suggestions are welcome, or any ideas sparked off by the above. I'll try and implement things I think I can easily.
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Mirror-Function

Postby JoeMoto » Tue Mar 25, 2003 9:30 pm

It would be handy to have a function to mirror the renderings.
In that way you can place the projector behind the projection screen.
JoeMoto

Cell Shading

Postby p1llz » Thu Mar 27, 2003 10:40 am

Hmm make some funky cartoon looking visuals. :D
Maybe With the animation work done for your r4 dancers we could make an authentic manga dancer ( love japanimation)
Everything Starts With An E
p1llz

Location: balgal Beach Aust. aka. Middle of freakin' nowhere C'mon find dis place on da map lol

Postby rabidhamster » Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:30 pm

Cheers.

Mirroring should be easy to do on this - i'll see if i can implement it.

You can get decent Cartoon rendering by changing the environment map you use to do stuff. Often there is an outline too, but thats more tricky. The envmap you use is for example a black texture with a grey circle in it, then a white circle inside that. Try it and see what happens :)

Since R4's pretty modular, if i don't get around to implementing it, someone else may well produce a pixel shader to do cartoon rendering. I'll do my best to implement cool stuff though :)
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Maybe some scripting

Postby p1llz » Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:06 pm

Everything Starts With An E
p1llz

Location: balgal Beach Aust. aka. Middle of freakin' nowhere C'mon find dis place on da map lol

Mirroring

Postby Chris » Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:49 pm

JoeMoto,

If you're looking to do mirror'd renderings right away try this. Render a whole scene to a texture then set blit.x1=1,blit.y1=-1,blit.x2=-1,blit.y2=1

Unfortunately you'd have to do this in a custom scene for every scene you used, and I don't think it would reverse announcements.

I've used this trick a little to reverse textures, or renderings of the snakecube.
Chris

Announcements

Postby imax » Tue May 27, 2003 2:19 pm

How about custom announcements?

I'd like an ability to change Font and Color.

Maybe a bit more complicated:

Use Formular-Engine to define Letter-Path for scrolling (Like in all these Demos). For instance Bouncing or in sine-wave or something.

imax
imax

Postby rabidhamster » Tue May 27, 2003 2:31 pm

I like that - Well, i have a custom scene called RENDER at the moment that you can feed a load of coordinates to and it will draw shapes. I could make a new one/extend it so you specified a character, and where to draw it.

Besides, there are quite a few nice effects you can do with characters anyway. Cheers for that - i'll try and put it in when my exams are finally sorted :)

you think:
X,Y,(Z),Rotation,Width,Height
would be ok? The font would have to be specified on a per-scene basis, but there isn't much of a problem there.

I could also add a camera position, so you can do flybys of text.

- Gordon
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:13 am

How about some sort of mechanical sphere thing. Sort of like the machine from 'time machine' or even the evil machine in 'thirteen ghosts' that creates the axis of evil. That would look goddam awesome and seems to fit in with the Rabid Hamster look and feel plus opengl friendly?

What about sperm going through a tunnel?

Or a psycadellic butterfly?

Fk Im lazy - I should be making all this wierd stuff!

Postby `asterix » Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:13 am

How about some sort of mechanical sphere thing. Sort of like the machine from 'time machine' or even the evil machine in 'thirteen ghosts' that creates the axis of evil. That would look goddam awesome and seems to fit in with the Rabid Hamster look and feel plus opengl friendly?

What about sperm going through a tunnel?

Or a psycadellic butterfly?

Fk Im lazy - I should be making all this wierd stuff!
`asterix

Postby rabidhamster » Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:51 am

Well, Rovastar may well be working of a psycadellic butterfly, from one of the NeHe tutorials. I'm not quite sure what you mean about the mechanical sphere though?
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Re: Mirror-Function

Postby dabug911 » Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:12 am

dabug911

Postby dabug911 » Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:14 am

dabug911

Postby rabidhamster » Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:19 am

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Rovastar » Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:17 pm

Rovastar