Translating R4 to german

Suggestions + Info on development of R4 visuals

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

Translating R4 to german

Postby Steven » Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:28 pm

Hi Gordon.

I see that my idea is not bad for some users:
"Use the both Softcams to test R4's capture abilities" ....nice to see this.

However I just would like to know if the problems which I explained are solved and the suggestion are added.
When will appears a new R4?

Here in Germany there are many users which use Winamp and your R4-visualisation. "MPEX.net" allready tested it and published an article about R4.

Now I would like to translate all(the plug-in itselfs, further files, and the help text/html files) to German. Gordon, am I allowed to change the resourcesof your plug-in(maybe disassembler, translate and "re-assembler"some things)?

- Steven

Steven_xxl@gmx.net
Steven

Postby rabidhamster » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:09 pm

Hey, i'll look into getting R4 to load all its text from a language file. Until then i'd discourage fiddling with the source though because new versions will be pretty tricky for you.

For R4's settings menus, you can change the text though, which may be enough for most people. Those are stored in r4\data\menu. I'd reccomend you write a program to replace specific text with the translation though, because the files will be changed as more options are added to R4.

See? i so listen to you. I even got it working when WinAmp isn't playing. I think this may have introduced some problems though,
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Return to R4