R4 Station

Suggestions + Info on development of R4 visuals

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

R4 Station

Postby JTechnical » Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:40 pm

Im needing a bit of input on this project.

Im making a frontend for R4 which should be able to simplify things for basic users who want R4 to be used in public enviroments.

Im putting a lite version of the controller together at the moment, which will be able to control R4 easily. The Pro version is going to have automated processes which can be stored for the evening or week or year etc. E.g at 9pm start sending this message every 5 mins etc, as well as advertisinging & branding.

What i need is input suggestions and ideas for the controller.

Heres a peak at the lite controller for R4
JTechnical

Postby rabidhamster » Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:59 pm

Looks nice. A timeline would be really cool - eg. click and drag out on the timeline and choose what happens - this could be the announcement every 5 mins, etc.

Also to be able to pre-record it - eg. to make a timeline beforehand that let the user pre-make a whole show - transitions and all. I've done this before as a script file with lines of "time:r2e command" - this was for a paying customer though so i could never really release it.

I guess as well you could classify each scene in more than one category - eg, fire, water, earth, then medusa, snakecube, cubefield... You could make the program change automatically between scenes, keeping at least one of the catergories constant - hence giving it some consistency.
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Return to R4