[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - Second Display

Second Display

Suggestions + Info on development of R4 visuals

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

Second Display

Postby Spanky Deluxe » Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:55 pm

Hi,

I just stumbled across R4, I was just downloading R2 for Winamp agian because I had to swap systems and I thought I'd check the site. Wow!!!

R4 looks incredible!!!

Two things I might like to suggest:

1) Is there any way where you could choose the output device, i.e. between Monitor 1 and Monitor 2, so you could have R4 running on your TV Out leaving you your display so that you can swap and shift tracks in winamp or manage cds etc.

2) Any chance of a throughput control for Winamp and text/track display?? Know its a long shot because you've moved away from Winamp but thought I'd ask!

I have to say, this is an incredible piece of work, I'm seriously impressed with this, its just beautiful. I remember when I was blown away by Rabid Hamster 1, then was astounded by R2 a while later. Best plugins for Winamp ever. R4 - best vis ever all round??
Spanky Deluxe

Postby rabidhamster » Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:38 pm

Cheers :) I had a look into the whole multimon thing with R2 and i honestly can't see an easy way of doing it with OpenGL. I get the impression if you have multimon with a single NVidia card and a stretched desktop you can just pull R4 across. However, at the moment my multimon consists of a GeForce 3 and a Voodoo 3 so pulling R4 to the second monitor isn't really an option :)

It works fine on the first monitor though, and i can still use the 2nd for other stuff.

I want a WinAmp track display too :) I'll see what i can do. It seems Winamp 5.0 is actually out now, so i'll download it and see if i can make R4 run as a plugin for it. I badly need the publicity from the winamp site too :twisted:
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby W@NKER » Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:44 pm

W@NKER

Postby Rovastar » Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:14 am

Rovastar

Postby rabidhamster » Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:22 pm

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Return to R4