[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - User Craeted 3d models

User Craeted 3d models

Information on customizing R2/Extreme

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

User Craeted 3d models

Postby p1llz » Sun Mar 23, 2003 11:02 am

What prog would i have to use to create other 3d models for R2e.(any free 1's that would do the trick)

I had a vision of a giant Smiley faced pill bouncing around to beats with tons of little ones in the background mimicing the foregound 1. ( Is this possible for me to do and how would i go about doing it )

Sorry if this is a bit of a dumb ? have only picked up this plugin the other day already go the hang of combing scenes and shit. But now i wanna do something a little more original.

Also is the giant R bouncing around easy and possible to change to something else.
p1llz

3D Models for R2e

Postby rabidhamster » Mon Mar 24, 2003 10:45 am

Unfortunately the only model R2e uses is for the sphere (sphere.asc) in that green thing that moves around (the R is actually written in code and isn't alterable). You *may* be able to change the green sphere, but i'm not certain. The file format is 3DStudio ASCII, and probably the best suited program is 'Milkshape 3D'.

So, I'm afraid you can't easily do 3D models in R2e. I'm definitely working on adding this in the new plugin though, and if you're registered for R2e, you'll get a decent version of the new plugin too.
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Re. User Created #d models

Postby p1llz » Mon Mar 24, 2003 10:58 am

Nah Im just using the free version at the mo but i am looking at getting a registered versionm of your next plugin (if you could answer some ? bout it 1st tho)

With R4 you stated the minium system req. but i only have a 433 celeron and voodoo3 ( which could run only half of the r2e scenes tho. ( but the ones that ran, run good and the ones that didnt i was easily able to get them to run fast by scaling down some of the options for them - mesh size , res etc. will i be able to do the same thing in r4 and still run some of it on a lower spec machine.

i dont do much in point morph and giess effects i basically use custom textueres and a few of the in built 3d parts and get some real slick looking but basic scenes. (going by the standard of some scenes i've seen here)

I could send you in all the low spec predines i've done nufin special ( technically speaking) but i fink they got style.

Also just so you are aware in the readme file you stated there could be problems with r2e and voodoo based cards like i said i have a voodoo3 pci 3000 and had problems using original drivers but all the newer 3rd party drivers run r2e perfectly. :D

Anyway any info on the r4 matter would be greatly appreciated. Also would happen to know what price ya gonna throw on it ( ball park figure)
Everything Starts With An E
p1llz

Location: balgal Beach Aust. aka. Middle of freakin' nowhere C'mon find dis place on da map lol

R4 Minimum Requirements

Postby rabidhamster » Mon Mar 24, 2003 12:30 pm

If you can post your predefines here that'd be great. I like the icon - looks neat :)

The minimum system requirements were a pretty ball-park figure. In R4 i use two openGL extensions, multitexture and pbuffer. Basically, i didn't think there's much point in supporting fall-backs if these don't exist, so it may not run on the Voodoo 3.

www.delphi3d.net has a database of extensions and which cards support them which has been built up by its users. I've just checked, and from the look of it, the Voodoo 3 doesn't support pbuffers but does support multitexture. However thats not to say that yours doesn't. try http://www.delphi3d.net/download/glinfo.zip

and see if this tells you you have an extension called: WGL_ARB_PBUFFER
If you do, you're sorted.

I probably ought to give you a brief explanation of why i'm using PBuffers - its not some random decision. Basically, a lot of the effects draw graphics onto a texture, and then draw the texture onto a shape (like in your icon). At the moment, if i want to draw something onto a texture, i have to draw it to the screen, then copy the screen to the texture. This is horrendously slow, and corrupts the screen (you may have noticed what happens if you draw something to a texture, then render a scene without clearing the screen first.

PBuffers solve all this - they're very quick, don't corrupt the screen, and i believe can be a higher resolution than the screen itself. The problem comes if i try and support both. I'd have to copy the screen to a texture, draw to the screen, copy that to another texture, then draw the texture back. Its going to be a 3rd of the speed, and is probably unusable anyway.

Hope that sortof answered the problem. I know its a bit harsh, but i'd consider buying a geforce :) they're getting dirt cheap now, and even the cheapest one would make any graphics application run at least twice as fast.

Not sure about the pricing on R4 yet. You may find that it contains no nag screen when its running anyway, only a notice at the start stating its not for professional use. I think i'll probably aim to hit the #1 spot on WinAmp.com again, since i make more money from doing visual-related jobs for people than i do from selling visuals, and most of those people only know of me through the original R2.
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Thanks Dude

Postby p1llz » Mon Mar 24, 2003 12:44 pm

I guess i'll just chill out, wait and see waht happens. I'll upload my textures and scenes to my site when i finish 'em and post a link here.
Thanks for the quick response.

edit , cheched out that glinfo, nah i dont support pbuffers but will i be able to use r4 still just not writing the screen to textures and just keep my scenes simple till i get a better 3d card ( which could be quite a while unemplyed at the mo)
Last edited by p1llz on Mon Mar 24, 2003 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
p1llz

Location: balgal Beach Aust. aka. Middle of freakin' nowhere C'mon find dis place on da map lol

Postby rabidhamster » Mon Mar 24, 2003 12:48 pm

Cheers. can you put links to a few images up on the forum too?
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby p1llz » Mon Mar 24, 2003 12:57 pm

Also sory ask ya a million and one ?'s tonight do you know a good site with good tuturials on advanced maths sin cos tan stuff been to long since i touched it i've forgotten ( i fink yr 9 or something never bothered to do advanced maths in schol never thought i would ever need it boy was i wrong lol)
p1llz

Postby rabidhamster » Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:22 pm

afraid not... there are one or two tutorials i did on my old site though:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/fj.william ... rials.html

There are one or two small things on 3D and sin and cos. They may be some small use to you. The only other thing i'd suggest is find someone that did do A-level maths. generally I find books don't help too much :)
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Return to R2/Extreme customization