[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - R4Construct Intro

R4Construct Intro

A Visual Scene Constructor for R4

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

R4Construct Intro

Postby rabidhamster » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:27 pm

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby ..i » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:36 pm

..i

Postby m_vav » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:28 am

I have never really used java before. I can't seem to download the correct java module to use the construct. Could you tell me the exact version number so I can figure out what java program to download. Also where you type "JAVA R4Construct" to start the construct.
m_vav

Postby rabidhamster » Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:17 am

Hi. You need to download Java J2SE 1.4.2. The JRE (Java Runtime) is all you need unless you are planning to develop the program at all.

You type the text into the Windows Command Prompt, in the directory that the program is installed to.
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby m_vav » Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:05 am

I have been trying to get this going for a few days now. I can't seem get into the r4construct with the dos window or the RUN line.

I placed the folder on my c: drive, c:\r4construct_r1.
If I type in the dos window at the c: prompt, cd r4construct_r1. I get an invalid directory error.

I have tried at the c: prompt, r4construct_r1\r4construct\java r4construct. This gave a switching error.

The only one that seemed to work was when I changed the directory name from r4construct_r1 to r4con. I could enter the directory but there were errors due to the directory name change.

Am I just missing something really easy?
m_vav

Postby Jedburgh » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:16 am

R4Construct appears to be case-sensitive, so: java R4Construct should do the trick.
Jedburgh

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:11 am

ok i changed the directory names, windows doesn't like the ones that it had (r4construct_r1 and r4construct changed to r4con). This allowed me to enter the directory in the dos window where I couldn't before.

You were right it was case sensitive. In the DOS window I went to the directory c:\r4con\r4con. Then put in java R4Construct.

should look like this below.

c:\r4con\r4con>java R4Construct

Then BAMMO, it popped up after a few seconds.............

used command.com instead of cmd.com?

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:50 am

Return to R4Construct