[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - 1v22 flash module

1v22 flash module

For questions about problems with R4 and Bug reports

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

1v22 flash module

Postby andff » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:25 am

hello Gordon! thank you for the good news!
i'm testing new version now, and here's some questions...

i've created some test flash movies (sorry for strange link, this is first free file host i have found).

the files is:
test1024x768player5script1.swf - with gotoAndPlay(1) at the end of shape tween;
test1024x768player5script1loop.swf - movie with tween controled by 3-frame loop;
test1024x768player5script1withoutrewind.swf - without gotoAndPlay(1);
test1024x768player8script2.swf
test1024x768player8script2border.swf - with gotoAndPlay(1) and 1022x766 border;
test1024x768player8script2loop.swf
test1024x768player8script2withoutrewind.swf

results of my investigations...
1) this module supports both files, created for flash player 5 and 8 (uncompressed);
2) module have limited support for movies, controlled with actionscript! :(
simple shape tween in root of stage with gotoAndPlay(1) action in last frame works well, but the same tween, placed inside of another movie and controlled with standard 3-frame loop don't works - animation occurs only with few frames and stops until next scene will be started and then this flash test scene restarted again. i think this is a bug, because flash animation with keyframes only not so interesting (but flash as i know can't render movies with actions into avi too, flash2avi or something like software needed);
3) 1024x768 pixels movie rendered in strange proportions - it is vertically flattened, but all other scenes looks normally, and my fullscreen dimensions is 1024x768 as usual.

i think, this module will be wery useful, but it needs to be slightly fixed - at least in selecting of correct dimensions..

...oh Gordon, please, take a look at my few last questions - and especially !! thank you very much!
a quantum leap forward!
andff

Postby rabidhamster » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:39 am

Hi. Thanks for the flash file links.

The module is pretty experimental. It *does* use the proper macromedia activex flash player plugin though, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't work with some flash files...

Does it crash R4 when you exit? it does on mine :(
Also, I found for some reason I can't stop the playback, so switching to the same scene multiple times just starts the flash file playing more times at once (really annoying if you have sound).

It was actually done for a potential customer - I wanted to see if it was possible to shoehorn flash in. It seems it is - whether this gets fixed depends on what happens with this contract, but if we don't get the contract and I don't have time then i'll release the code for the flash player to see if someone else has any luck.
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby andff » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:08 am

high!
yes it's crashes, but sometimes.. and i can't find out what is the reason - because i've tested it with same flash movie.
a quantum leap forward!
andff

Postby rabidhamster » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:26 am

does it crash when rendering, or only on exit?
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby andff » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:15 pm

a quantum leap forward!
andff

Postby Rovastar » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:43 pm

Rovastar

Postby andff » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:45 pm

a quantum leap forward!
andff

Postby Telenut » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:59 pm

Do you place the flash file in the TEX folder?
screen is black when I test it :s
Telenut

Postby andff » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:08 pm

high!

you must place your flash movies into R4\data\video folder, and in strcpy(flash.filename,"flashfilename.swf") only filenames needs to be specified.
a quantum leap forward!
andff

Postby Telenut » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:35 pm

thx!
works now... well, it does show the first frame :-)
I don't have flash on my computer, can not edit the file myself. What shoud be done to make it play? And when does it not work?
So I can give instructions to the person who created it.

thx!
Telenut

Return to R4 Bugs/Problems