[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - device ID out of range

device ID out of range

For questions about problems with R4 and Bug reports

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

device ID out of range

Postby evilswan » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:12 pm

i get the following message:

and r4 exits when i press OK.

i can't think what is causing this - i just took the step of removing my sound devices from device manager and letting them reinstall on reboot. still nothing.

r4 winamp plugin works perfectly, but i would like to try the external sound input...

i am using 1v17

any ideas?
evilswan

Postby rabidhamster » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:13 pm

what sound card do you have?

I haven't come across this error before... Could you update the drivers for the card?
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby evilswan » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:16 am

thanks for looking at this!

my system spec is:

Athlon Xp 2400+ (2ghz)
1gb DDR RAM
nVidia GeForce4 MX (Leadtek Winfast A180 DDR) with 128Mb

My sound card is built into the motherboard

AC97 Audio with 5.1 - it shows in windows using the latest drivers as C-Media Wave Device.

I have other music software such as Propellerhead Reason and Sony Sound Forge working without trouble - however i'm willing to accept the sound card may be the problem here!

UPDATE: have just removed the sound drivers and reinstalled from the CD that came with the motherboard -still not working.

Any ideas?
evilswan

Postby Rovastar » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:24 pm

Umh for a workaround use a lineine for winamp
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=64973
Rovastar

Postby evilswan » Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:29 pm

will try the line in workaround.. thanks for the tip.

update: hmmm.. followed the instructions for line in, and i am still having problems. winamp switches over to line in OK, and R4 starts, but i just get "no sound detected", tried plugging sound input into mic, line in, etc.. even the "click" of me plugging in doesn't make the "no sound detected" go away.

i need to find another standalone visuals generator for windows that reacts to a line in - any recommendations that i can try?
evilswan

Postby Rovastar » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:39 am

Are you sure you are getting linein into your machine?

In winamp for example can you see the spectrum anayler moving to the line-in sound.
Rovastar

Postby rabidhamster » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:46 pm

You'll have to set up in your sound card volume control where it will record sound from. You can use any WinAmp plugin with the linein:// thing, but if R4 doesn't detect sound its unlikely any other plugin will :(

Someone makes a vis called 'aVis' written in Java that may work off of line in. Again, your volume settings will need to be set up to have it work properly.
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby evilswan » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:22 pm

thanks for the help but i've tried that - i can set the record channel and use sound forge to record off the line-in...

i'm really annoyed about this (not at your excellent software) - just that computers are so damn random!!! i haven't changed anything, and i had a version of R4 over a year ago that worked perfectly, but i dont have it anymore and wanted to see what the new one was like.

anyway, i will try to find another solution - i've googled for aVis but keep getting car rentals.

thanks for all your help and attention so far!
evilswan

Postby rabidhamster » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:21 am

Its unlikely even the old version of R4 that you had will work. I think your sound card is causing the problems.

aVis is at:
http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=143013
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby rabidhamster » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:21 am

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby evilswan » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:40 pm

thank you for all your help
evilswan

Return to R4 Bugs/Problems