[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - Well It Was Working

Well It Was Working

For questions about problems with R4 and Bug reports

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

Well It Was Working

Postby mp3jrick » Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:33 pm

mp3jrick

Postby rabidhamster » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:08 am

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby mp3jrick » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:52 am

mp3jrick

Postby rabidhamster » Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:15 pm

rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby mp3jrick » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:49 pm

Gordon,
The problem I find is that under record I only have microphone as the option. No line in, master, wave, nothing.

What is really strange is that it was working.
I can't imagine what has caused this all of a sudden.

The only thing I can select in recording options is the drop down box with all my sound card channels listed, none of which seem to provide signal to the program. Currently I have split off my audio signal and run it into line in on the card. This is how it worked with Winamp linein:\\, until now.
Even the line in through winamp is dead now, for the life of me I don't know why.

I did load up some drivers only for a video adaptor I am using for a live dance camera line in. It is working fine and is used for video only, no sound.
To eliminate the posibility of conflict I uninstalled the drivers and had no change in the trouble.
http://www.compuplus.com/insidepage.php3?id=1002975[/url]
mp3jrick

Postby rabidhamster » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:47 am

Have you tried what I suggested? This isn't whats in the readme - it should give you more options than just the standard microphone record device, and then you could choose wave-in or whatever.

If its some special volume control, can you try changing settings from the standard windows one?

Also, you say you're using WinAmp's linein:// - do other winamp plugins work?

- Gordon
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Rovastar » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:13 pm

Rovastar

Postby mp3jrick » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:33 pm

mp3jrick

Postby mp3jrick » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:23 am

Ok,
I have now locked up all the guns in the house for fear of...well you know..
This is driving me absolutely nuts now.

Gordon, I am pretty sure I have done what you asked.
I have followed the path, control panel/sound and audio devices/volume/advanced/options/properties/recording and have just the microphone for an option which is checked with #2 channel of my card in the drop box.
The volume prefs showing line in etc... are only listed under the MB sound card. Only that card isn't seeing the signal because the playback program is configured for the WT card.

If I select the MB sound card I see all of the other options you mention like line in, master, wave etc...However it doesn't change anything with R4 seeing the signal, and it defaults back to the WT #2 channel when I reopen it.

R4 works perfectly in Winamp when I drag a track into the player and start the visualizations.
How can R4 work inside Winamp but not stand alone?
mp3jrick

Postby 4nT1 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:50 am

what are you running when r4 is running standalone? ie where are you getting ur music/sounds from?

maybe this could be your problem
4nT1

Postby mp3jrick » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:56 am

I am running Atomix Virtual DJ, with a Wave Terminal multi channel sound card.

3 stereo output channels, 1 line input, 1 microphone input.
And, for some reason the Windows sound setup doesn't see the line or mic input under record. This is no toy of a sound card, it should work.

I guess I don't understand why R4 works through Winamp and not stand alone. No special settings are required for Winamp, just play a track and start visualizations.

There's gotta be an answer out there somewhere.
mp3jrick

Postby mp3jrick » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:59 pm

Ok, so I talk to myself.............if that was my only problem.

For those that followed this little charade, I found the trouble.
Rovastar was right, and thank you.

It's called direct wire.
It's an advanced setting panel of Wave Terminal.
It allows you to do internal audio routing between apps.
All I had to do is find the live channel and connect out with in.
Of course the first song I played was Nickelback's "Figured you out".

Looking back, I have no idea why R4 worked at all before now.

Will R4 play MD and other visualizations?
mp3jrick

Postby rabidhamster » Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:52 pm

Cool. It sounds like it was just odd drivers for the card :)

R4 won't do MD or other vis at the moment. There was talk of it, and indeed ProjectM offered their milkdrop source, but i haven't got around to implementing it yet.

Either that or I can create a converter which will convert milkdrop scenes to R4 - thats maybe an easier way of doing it.

When you run R4 in WinAmp it takes sound directly from WinAmp itself (not the soundcard). Thats why it worked :)
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby mp3jrick » Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:57 pm

I have a lot to learn about this, I have an insatiable apatite for this kind of thing.
I would love to know how to create the kind of visualizations used in R4.
mp3jrick

Postby ripmax » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:06 am

ripmax

Next

Return to R4 Bugs/Problems