[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
RabidHaMsTeR.Org • View topic - Error in Metablock/MetaFire code

Error in Metablock/MetaFire code

For questions about problems with R4 and Bug reports

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

Error in Metablock/MetaFire code

Postby Rovastar » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:32 am

Gordon,

Playing around a bit the other day (implementing the speedfix to Metablock) and I noticed that if you lock metablock or metafire scne they all mess up after about 2 minutes. The blocks spread out tooo much (I cannot work out which axis x,y,z or all together) and the screen goes very blank as the balls are off the screen. Try it yourself. :)

I looked at the code and could not work out why it is doing it.

Now initialy I thought this was not much of a problem as it is unlikley that anyone will lock the scene for 2 minutes but sadly switching scnees does not reset the problem either. All the metaballs still are spread out.

(I left R4 running overnight to test and in the morning the metablock scnes looked wrong again)

Simple test in your predefines folder have metaballs another scene and a fader leave for 5 minutes and the metaballs will be all messed up.

Obviously in R4 in running for long periods of time anywhere this scene will look like a blank(-ish) screen after a day or so and that is not good.

Could you look into it.....:)
Rovastar

Postby rabidhamster » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:18 pm

thanks... its a simulation so i can understand why it may wander off. It should still reset properly though - from a quick look it seems in metablock you need to uncomment the following so it resets ok:

// vx[i] = rand()-0.5;
// vy[i] = rand()-0.5;
// vz[i] = rand()-0.5;

which stuff do you reckon is affected?

- Gordon
rabidhamster
Site Admin

Postby Rovastar » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:38 am

Rovastar

Return to R4 Bugs/Problems