blue screen error plz help

For questions about problems with R4 and Bug reports

Moderators: rabidhamster, Rovastar

blue screen error plz help

Postby r374rd » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:46 pm

hi

i have a ati 9600 pro with 256 memory running on a amd xp2000+ with 1gig of ddr ram. r4 loads up great and runs fine, but after about 30 mins to 1 hour it crashes and goes to a blue screen saying that windows has detected some sort of error. it goes on to say that if this is the first time you have seen this error reboot windows and check any hardware/software you have installed. then theres a clock ticking at the bottom of the screen. after abut 30 seconds windows starts up on its own. any ideas?

thank you. :(
r374rd

Postby rabidhamster » Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:55 am

Yep. this sounds like an ATI graphics card problem. Have you got the latest drivers off of ATI? They may well fix it.

If you have and its still crashing, can you let me know which operating system you are using?

thanks,
- Gordon
rabidhamster
Site Admin

sorted i think

Postby r374rd » Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:06 pm

hi rabid

i installed the new drivers and lowered the pbuffer to 512x512 and it seems to be working better. i left it running for about 4 hours and every so often i checked on it. the only thing that came up was an ati error message that said my graphics card stopped responding, even though the r4 was still running in the back ground. so i dont know why it did that. but im not to bothered because it now runs for longer. thanx for your help. :lol:
r374rd

Return to R4 Bugs/Problems